February 13, 2021
Securing Open Heavens | Rev’d Dr S.O. James
Listen To The Sermon Below
Welcome to the season of Open Heavens. God has promised us that this year he will open the heavens and shower his blessings upon us. Surely, you will work under Open Heavens. Our Lord Jesus Christ did not begin his ministry until he secured Open Heavens. Today, we shall look at the example of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I. SECURING OPEN HEAVENS THROUGH BAPTISM –vs. 13,16
– Salvation and baptism (Acts 2:37-41)
– True membership in the church of God (Acts 2:41)
– Symbolizing association with death and resurrection of Christ ( Rom. 6:3-5; Gal. 2:20)
II. SECURING OPEN HEAVENS THROUGH FULFILLING ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS – vs. 14
– This is through humility and submission
– “Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and he shall lift you up” – James 4:10
– Fulfilling all righteousness is about obedience;
– It is about doing whatsoever it is required or prescribed even when you don’t consider it very necessary or compulsory.
– The Example of Namaan-2 Kings 5:10-14
III. SECURING OPEN HEAVENS BRINGS EMPOWERMENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
– Baptism of the Holy spirit bring empowerment (Acts 1:8, Acts 2 and Acts 3)
IV. SECURING OPEN HEAVENS BRINGS DIVINE REVELATION AND HEAVENLY PROCLAMATION –vs.17
“And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying …..”
– The LORD announced Jesus publicly to the world and the Lord will announce you this year
– When a man receives open heavens, he will clearly receive clear word of revelation and breakthrough from heaven.
– The example of the time of Samuel (1 Samuel 3:1)
– When there is no word from God, when there will be no revelation and no vision, the people will walk in darkness and perish.
– This year you will not walk in darkness. You will receive clear instruction from God.
V. SECURING OPEN HEAVENS CONNECTS YOU TO DIVINE FAVOUR –vs 7b
– “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
– When God is pleased with a man, he will receive from the Lord and from men great blessings beyond expectation.
– A man under open heavens does not struggle to receive blessings from above
– The example of Esther (Esther 2:8-9,15; 5:2-3) and Mordecai (Esther 6:6-10)